First Assistant for the Office of the Public Defender, Southern District of Illinois, Dec 13 - Present
Assistant Federal Public Defender, Southern District of Illinois, Jan 11 - Dec 2013
District Defender, District 45, Troy, Dec 01 – Jan 11.
Assistant Pubic Defender, District 22, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct 99 - Dec 01.
Assistant Pubic Defender,District 24, Farmington, Missouri, Jan 97 - Oct 99.
Chief, Mobilization Requirements, Army Personnel Center, St. Louis, Missouri, Jul 92 - Aug 94.
Professor of Military Science / Battalion Commander, Wentworth Military Academy & Junior College, Lexington, Missouri, Jul 89 - Jun 92.
Chief, Force Structure, 1st SOCOM, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Jan 87 - Jun 89.
Battalion Personnel Officer, 1st PSYOP Battalion, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Jan 85- Dec 86.
Plans Officer, Combat Developments, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, Dec 81 - Dec 84.
Commander, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 61st Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Division, Fort Polk, Louisiana, Mar 79 - Nov 81.
Platoon Leader, 1st Battalion, 48th Infantry, Federal Republic of Germany, May 75 - Jul 79.
Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri - Juris Doctorate (May 1997).
Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri - Masters Degree in Management (1983).
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Bachelor of Science in Education (1974).
Law School Achievements:
- G.P.A. 3.35 (Cum Laude).
- Ranked 37 of 219 (Top 17%).
- Served as Managing Editor for the 1996-97 St. Louis University Law Journal.
- Finalist at the 1997 Regional Trial Advocacy Competition in Iowa City, Iowa.
- Article, A Critical Analysis of the Child Support Recovery Act: Do Deadbeat Dads Have a Leg to Stand on After the Supreme Court's New Commerce Clause Jurisprudence? selected for publication in Volume 41 (1996 edition) of the St. Louis University Law Journal.
- Recipient of a Dean's Scholarship for Academic Achievement (1995-97).